AGROMAT unites the leaders of the ceramic industry

AGROMAT unites the leaders of the ceramic industry

On September 18, the annual meeting of the Ukrainian Association of Ceramics took place at AGROMAT on Bulakhovskogo str. Representatives of the largest companies in the industry gathered to discuss market dynamics and opportunities for the development of Ukrainian industries.

The meeting was attended by the owners and top-managers of the companies AGROMAT, Epicenter, InterKerama, Cersanit, Golden Tile, ATEM, Zeus Ceramica, Geberit. The latter are specialized in the production of sanitary ware. Also at the meeting there was the General Director of the Federation of Employers of Ukraine – Mr Ruslan Ilyichev.

AGROMAT presented a detailed analysis of the ceramics market in Ukraine, according to which, in the first half of 2020, imports of products amounted to 26%, the remaining 74% is Ukrainian production, which is distributed as follows: ATEM – 21%, Golden Tile – 20%, Cersanit – 15%, Epicenter – 8%, InterKerama – 7%, Zeus Ceramica – 3%.

Poland became the leader among importing countries with 39% of the total volume of imported products. It is followed by Spain, India and Belarus. But while Poland and Spain show static indicators in dynamics, the indicators of India, China and Turkey are growing, while those of Russia, Belarus and Italy are falling.

A separate issue on the agenda was the production of ceramics in Spain. According to the data of 2011 and 2019, the number of Spanish manufactures decreased from 144 to 111. At the same time, the volume of production increased from 392 million sq. m. up to 510 million sq. m. About 80% of production is exported.

Also AGROMAT analyzed the demand by category. The comparison of AGROMAT sales for 2017 and 2020 by porcelain stoneware formats is as following:

·  sales of 30×30 cm format out of 37% decreased to 15%;

·  sales of 60×120 cm format increased from 2% to 9%.

The comparison of 2017 and 2020 sales by tile formats:

·  20×60 cm – positive dynamics – from 6.96% to 14.2%;

·  30×90 cm – from 6.1% to 11.74%;

·  30×45 cm – negative dynamics – from 15.7% to 8.1%.

The greatest demand is for stone and marble granite tiles. Next comes the imitation of wood. The most popular colors are grey, beige, white.

Facing slab with marble effect and monocolors are more in demand than slab with imitation stone. White, beige and grey colors prevail.

Within the framework of the meeting, a presentation of a new zone of Ukrainian brands in the AGROMAT B store took place. The executive director of the company Mr Maxim Rylik showed the concept of an “ideal” store, which is planned to be scaled up and announced the active development of the AGROMAT retail network next year.